You may be hit by a PS4 error regarding Proxy server on PS4 or you may be tired of your lousy Internet connection that takes ages even for a simple updating process. Things can even get worst when your router spit error and you have to keep restarting your Router.
If you want a smooth Internet connection you can use a router like NetGear Nighthawk (Best for PS4).
And you can also set a proxy server on your PS4, so your PS4 IP address not conflict with your Router’s IP.
Some users over the gaming communities are even saying that after adding the proxy server in they are getting insane downloading speed on PS4.
So let’s get started how to set up a proxy server on your PS4 the right way. Before we start the actual process I want you to understand the Proxy servers and their use. So next time you can configure your PS4 proxy without having any issues.
What are Proxy Servers?
Proxy servers are basically networks of computers that work as an intermediary between you and destination server. When you made a web request to receive the data from remote server data will flow between your computer and the remote server.
But when you set a proxy server instead of going request directly to the destination server it goes to the proxy server first. And then Proxy server made a request to the original server, receive data and send back to you.
Do You Need a Proxy Server For PS4?
Generally, there is no such need of setting proxy servers for your PS4. But still, there are few scenarios where it became necessary to Set Proxy server on PS4.
Just for an example assume that you want to surf the Internet on your PS4 and you are staying in a hotel that has blocked few websites. You can easily bypass this through using a proxy server.
Along with that proxy servers provides insane speed especially paid proxies. That would be beneficial if you are trying to download a new game or updating your PS4 firmware.
Some of the advantages of Proxy Servers are:
- Insane Speed
- Bypass the Blocked Resources
Steps to Configure Proxy Server On PS4
Setting up proxy servers on PS4 is a child play but getting working proxies with insane speed is a little bit tough. Things can get worse when you have to configure your PC or Mac as the Proxy server. So here I am going to show you the exact steps you need to follow to setup proxy server on PS4 successfully. So let’s get started
Step 1: Configure You PC and MAC As a Proxy Server
- Download and Install CCProxy on your computer from here. The installation process is very easy. The software only requires 2-3 clicks for installation.
- Now next step is to note down the IP address and Port number.
To do that open CCProxy Software> Options> You will find your Local IP address at bottom and sets of Ports as shown in the image below.
Default Port number is 808.
If you are a Mac user you can use SquidMan proxy application.
Step 2: Setup Proxy Server On PS4
Once you setup proxy server on your PC now its time to configure new internet connection on your PS4 using a Proxy server. To configure new Internet connection on your PS4 with proxy server follow steps from below.
- Switch on Your PS4.
- From main screen window select Settings option.
- Now select Network.
- Select Connect to the Internet. If you want to set up a completely new Internet connection go with a setup Internet connection. Here we are going to configure previously used Internet connection.
- Next window will ask you to Use WiFI/ Use LAN Connection. Select your desired choice.
- Then on next window select Custom because we want to customize the network.
- Select Your WiFi Connection from the list.
- Now you will be asked for your WiFi Username and Password. Fill up and proceed to the next step.
- For DHCP Hostname choose Do not Specify.
- Leave DNS settings as Automatic.
- Next window will be of MTU settings also keep it as Automatic.
- Under Proxy Server Select Use.
- Now on next window enter the IP address and Port as shown in CCProxy Software. Default Port was 808.
- Now click on Next.
- Now its time to check the proxy server connection. If you got a success message as shown below. Congrats you have successfully configured a Proxy server on PS4.
List of Proxy Servers For PS4
If the above method doesn’t work, you can simply try proxy servers from the list below.
List of USA Proxy Server for PS4
I am hoping everything I have written above helped you to setup proxy server on PS4. Drop a comment below if you are having any issues.
How To Setup Proxy Server On PS4 [Complete settings 2019]
Worried about setting a proxy server on PS4? Check out our guide step by step guide to configure the Proxy server for PS4+ a list of Super Fast proxies for PS4.